As the Coronavirus continues to attack, it is important to stay healthy and safe. Please use the below information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to help keep you, your family, and your friends protected against this disease.
SymptomsThis illness has been recorded with a spectrum of severity, from mild to severe. The below symptoms may appear two days to two weeks after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure. Below are CDC-recommended, everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of the Caronavirus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from the Coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.
For information specific to healthcare, see CDC’s Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of the Caronavirus. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers which can be found here.
There is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for the Coronavirus. People with Coranavirus should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms. For severe cases, treatment should include care to support vital organ functions.
President Trump has been laser-focused on addressing the Coronavirus and protecting the health and safety of American families from the start. I will work with my colleagues in Congress to provide the necessary tools to properly combat this crisis.