The South Carolina Orchid society has announced the 2023 South Carolina Orchid Show and Sale April 14 – 16 in the newly re-built Garden Council of Greater Columbia Building at 1605 Park Circle in Downtown Columbia- near USC.
The show will feature thousands of blooming orchids, presented by societies and growers from all over the Southeast. It has hundreds of participants – and more than a dozen accredited judges attending to make sure you have the very best on display. This is an American Orchid Society show with cash prizes and national awards given to the best plants.
This year’s show is free to attend.
The event will feature several attractions.
• Multiple vendors at the show: there are orchid growers from the Carolina’s to sculptors, potters and jewelry designers- all highlighting the beauty of orchids.
• The show will have open classes April 15 and 16 at noon and 2 pm covering everything from “Orchids are Easy.” to specific classes on care and maintenance.
• “Ask the Expert” will be available during the entire show, so that if you have a question or need some help to better understand or care for your plants.
• “Re-pot on the Spot.” is where you can bring in your plant that might need a new home- or maybe some extra care and Society experts will repot for you and teach you how to take care of your plant once you get home.
• Special exhibits from the Ikebana Society of Japanese floral arrangements
• There are raffles for plants, gift certificates and blooming plants throughout the show.
Orchids are one of the most popular plants around the world and in the US. You can find them for sale everywhere you look and people want to know how to take care of them and enjoy them more. The goal is to show South Carolina the variety out there and help people know that they can grow the plants at home.
The South Carolina Orchid Show and Sale will be held at the Garden Council of Greater Columbia Building: 1605 Park Circle, Columbia.
For more information visit southcarolinaorchidsociety.org.